Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 1 (with video now)

Day 1 of our vegan adventure has left me feeling much more vegetarian than vegan. I started out with my chai tea latte with soy which is vegan but I ate Honey Nut Cheerios with soy milk but..... honey is NOT vegan. What????? Because the bees do not voluntarily give their product. So, I failed my first attempt. Tyler did better than I--he had Shredded Wheat with soy milk so he passed the test for breakfast.

I went out to lunch with my Mom in law to a local Greek restaurant. Once again, I failed the vegan attempt but was a good vegetarian. I had a greek dip sampler which was definitely vegetarian but not vegan. Then I had a greek salad with feta cheese. Ohhh, what a bad girl. Of course, I said from the start that I would go vegetarian and then transition into vegan. This is hard people! For lunch, Tyler had cashews, flaxseed oil peanut butter, and lots of fruits and vegis so once again Tyler did a good job. Tyler 2--Hope 0.

For dinner, I tempted Tyler to the dark side with Provinos Italian Restaurant. We were celebrating his Mom's move to Atlanta so it seemed a good place to go. There were plenty of vegetarian dishes, but not many vegan choices. I got a cannelloni with cheese and mushrooms and Tyler got manicotti with cheese and marinara. Both of us failed at dinner but we did eat a ton of salad before our meal. I do have to admit that I ate one of those amazing rolls with all the butter and garlic--sooo not vegan but ok for the vegetarians I guess. Both of us failed the vegan test at dinner, but passed for vegetarians.

The kids--not so much, but that is ok we have no intention of making them do this but we will not cook different meals so when we are at home then will participate. Christa can always do pretty well as a vegetarian as long as there is enough cheese and noodles around. She does seem to forget the vegetable part of vegetarian. Ryan did fine during the day, but made no attempt at dinner to go vegan or vegetarian. I think he ordered chicken just to oppose us, but the funny thing is he didn't even eat his chicken dinner because he filled up on salad and rolls.

Watch Tyler's Day 1 video--this is previously unknown of footage. Tyler forget he filmed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment